We are working on flight safety and aircraft reliability. R&D Council is authorized to confer the Habilitated Doctor of Philosophy degree in the field of "Machine Building and Operation". We have got plenty of research laboratories accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation and polish Ministry of National Defence, Quality Management System certificates, licenses for trading and developing armament and technology predicted for military and police services.
Our pillars are highly qualified scientists and modern, unique research, control and measuring equipment.
The Air Force Institute of Technology is a scientific and research organisation, which is supervised by the Minister of National Defence. Its mission is scientific support and research into problems of operating of products of aeronautical engineering.
Owing to the studies in the field of reliability and broadly understood flight safety, the Institute has significantly contributed to the development of Polish aviation. The Institute's output comprises hundreds of elaborations - effects of research and experimental works, design efforts, and technical/servicing activities - applied in the Air Force of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland.
THE INSTITUTE IS INVOLVED IN THE INNOVATIVE WORK IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
• Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
• IT support systems
• Tests and assessment preparing to the extension of service life
• Modernization and tests of aircrafts
• Training systems, i.a. simulators, e-learning
• Propellants and lubricants
• Non-destructive materials testings
• Manufacturing of composites
• Airfield pavements and systems
• Communication and data transmission systems
• Testing of aircraft systems – Flying Laboratory
• the NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) Code 0481H
• the State concession No. B-404/2003 granted by the Ministry of the Interior & Administration
• the Internal Audits System No. W-45/5/2012 in the field of scientific and research support of operation/maintenance of military aeronautical systems
• the Industry Safety Certificate of the First Degree No 3/I-38/T/W III/2009
• the Quality Management System consistent with the NATO AQAP 2210 and the PN-EN ISO 9001 standardisation documents
• the authority to confer the habilitated Ph.D. degree in the field of "Machine Building and Operation"
• research laboratories awarded Certificates of Accreditation by the Polish Centre for Accreditation
On June 17th, 1953, Ministry of National Defence decided to establish the Air Force Research Institute, the main task was research and development support of products related with aeronautical engineering. In 1958 the name of the Institute was changed into the Air Force Institute of Technology and remains in force since then.